The purpose of this course is to introduce lawyers to the law and practice of mediation, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and online dispute resolution (ODR).
- Legal framework of mediation, ADR & ODR
- ADR in practice: key features and techniques
- Applying core mediation skills
- The role of the lawyer, the mediator and the parties
- Mediation advocacy
- B2C & B2B mediation
This interactive course will provide the legal background and practical skills and techniques needed for successful mediation and ADR/ODR. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through exercises, workshops and a full day of mock mediation in which active participation is encouraged.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at lawyers, judges, notaries and judicial staff who want to use alternative methods of dispute resolution and/or improve their ability to resolve disputes, and for mediators interested in cross-border mediation.
- Alessandro Bruni, Attorney, International Professional Mediator and Arbitrator, IMI Certified Mediator, Founding Partner of Concilia LLC, Rome
- Professor Renate Dendorfer-Ditges, Lawyer, Attorney-at-Law Germany / New York / US Federal Courts, Arbitrator and Commercial Mediator, Bonn
- Ana Maria Gonçalves, Accredited Mediator, IMI Certified Mediator, Certified Trainer and Executive Coach, Convirgente, Kuala Lumpur
- Brian Hutchinson, Arbitrator, Mediator, Barrister, GBH Dispute Resolution Consultancy; Senior Lecturer, University College Dublin
- Diana Wallis, Accredited CEDR Mediator; President of the European Law Institute, Vienna
|>> Further information and online registration|