This summer course will provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of WTO and EU trade law. The course will focus on case-studies, applying instruments and concepts learned during the presentations to trade law practice.
- Multilateral, regional and bilateral trading systems: challenges, overlaps and gaps
- Key features of WTO law: MFN and national treatment; tariff and non-tariff barriers; general and security exceptions; impact of human rights, environmental protection and sustainable development; dispute settlement mechanism
- EU policy and legislation on anti-dumping and anti-subsidies
- The new Union Customs Code: key changes and challenges; binding tariff information, binding origin information, preferential and non-preferential rules of origin; customs valuation & transfer pricing, royalties
- EU free trade agreements: Mexico, Singapore, Central America, TTIP, CETA
- Dispute settlement: ISDS / proposal for a new investment court system, national litigation
|>> Further information and online registration