This course will provide a thorough introduction to EU public procurement law.
- Essential concepts and principles in public procurement
- Public sector, utilities and defence procurement
- Concessions and PPPs
- Exemptions from procurement rules
- Sustainable procurement
- Interplay with competition and State aid rules
- International procurement
- Process simulation
Training methods will include presentations, case studies and workshops.
Who should attend?
Practitioners seeking an introduction to European public procurement law.
- Christopher Bovis, Professor of Business Law, Business School, University of Hull
- Patricia Anna Eyckmans, Legal Administrator, European Medicines Agency (EMA), London
- Marianne Gumaelius, Senior Expert, Intellectual Property and Public Procurement Unit, DG TRADE, European Commission, Brussels
- Pieter Kuypers, Partner, AKD, Brussels/Breda; Professor in European and National Procurement Law, Radbout University, Nijmegen
- Dr Albert Sánchez Graells, Senior Lecturer, University of Bristol Law School; Member of the European Commission Stakeholder Expert Group on Public Procurement
- Michael Jürgen Werner, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, Brussels
- Folkert Wilman, Member of the Legal Service, European Commission, Brussels
(to be confirmed)